Coastal Cleanup Day: Prizes & Patches
Every Litter Bit Helps!
Register for Coastal Cleanup Day & Report Your Collected Debris Data – Automatically Get Entered to Win a Prize!
Three volunteers will have an opportunity to win a prize for reporting data from debris collected during Coastal Cleanup Day! The data reported shows a snapshot of what is impacting our region year to year. Your effort in protecting our environment and reducing the pollution that impacts our ocean does not go unnoticed and we want to reward you for your hard work in keeping our communities and environment clean!
How to Participate:
- Register for the cleanup on our Community Hub
- Participate in the cleanup on September 26th!
- Report your debris collected to our Volunteer Impact Map by Monday 9/28
Once data has been reported, you are automatically entered into the drawing! Winners will be notified via email by Friday 10/2*
*Entering the drawing does not guarantee a prize
The gift that keep on giving! Zero Waste living is a HUGE priority for I Love A Clean San Diego and we know it takes the right tools to make that possible! This year we are giving away three GREAT tools that will increase your zero waste journey AND protect our environment!
First Prize Winner
San Diego Zoo Global – 6 person Behind the Scenes Tour: A voucher allowing for up to 6 people on a behind the scenes tour of the San Diego Zoo.
The world famous San Diego Zoo is home to more than 3,500 rare and endangered animals representing more than 650 species and subspecies, and a prominent botanical collection with more than 700,000 exotic plants.
Food2Soil – Worm Composting Kit, includes: One worm box, 1 pound of worms, 1 bucket of bedding material
Food2Soil Composting Collective was started in 2015 by Inika Small Earth, Inc as a community supported social enterprise.
Rob Machado Foundation – 2 Reusable Water Bottles
Second Prize Winner
EarthWell Refill Shop – $25 Gift Card
Earthwell Refill is a local refill shop, offering the best in natural products, including, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, shower gel, hand soap, body wash, shaving gel, household cleaners, toothpaste, and more!
Third Prize Winner
GOODONYA – $20 Gift Card
Established in San Diego in 2001, GOODONYA is a local eatery that serves REAL food that helps people feel GOOD.
Scout Patch Program
I Love A Clean San Diego is proud to offer scout troops and interested volunteers a commemorative patch set to recognize your volunteerism and participation in I Love A Clean San Diego’s programs and events throughout 2020.
This is a 5-piece patch made up of one center patch and 4 rockers to encourage you to explore the wide variety of opportunities we provide to fulfill our vision of a zero waste, litter-free, and environmentally engaged San Diego region.
The center patch is included with all requests (unless otherwise noted), and the rockers are available for events and programs in 2020 only:
- Creek to Bay (June 20)
- Coastal Cleanup Day (September 26)
- Zero Waste Workshops
- Volunteer work (Watershed Warriors and Think Blue Canyon Cleanups).
How to Participate:
- Register for the cleanup on the Community Hub
- Participate in the cleanup on September 26th to be eligible for the Coastal Cleanup Day rocker!
- Report your Volunteer Hours on the Community Hub after the event
- To report hours, login to your profile on the Community Hub, head to your Dashboard and click Report Hours on the left side of the page. Choose the event title from the drop down options and complete the survey. That’s all!
- Upload a proof of participation photo from the cleanup when reporting hours in the Community Hub
- Fill out The Patch Order Form! Available HERE
- Patches are available to order until 10/2; we will verify participation in the cleanup and approved patches will be mailed to you
Participating in the Coastal Cleanup Day on Saturday, September 26th will earn you the Coastal Cleanup Day rocker! You can find all available events and opportunities on our website at www.cleanSD.org.