I Love a Clean San Diego seeks a dynamic and creative Philanthropy Manager with proven philanthropic skills to join our development team. S/he has primary responsibility of prospecting, soliciting, and securing corporate funding to support ILACSD programming. This includes sponsorship of several large events, fee for service programs, and the organization’s annual fundraisers. This position will oversee the organization’s annual benefit, as well as smaller scale fundraisers and give back opportunities held throughout the year.
The Philanthropy Manager is a results-oriented professional with demonstrated success in fundraising, who enjoys organization, details, and writing. A successful candidate will have proven fundraising success, outstanding organizational and communication skills necessary to build strong and trusted relationships with staff, corporate partners, and stakeholders, and some working knowledge of Donor Perfect or similar database system.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
CORPORATE GIVING/SPONSORSHIPS: 75%
- Manage and develop corporate philanthropy activities including identifying prospects and developing highly competitive proposals for funding
- Collaborate with staff and board to grow corporate prospects and donors
- Develop growth strategy for new and current corporate donors
- Oversee timely delivery of corporate benefits and recognition
- Lead the organization’s fee for service offerings, including Corporate CLEANbuilding and speaking opportunities, including leading private corporate cleanups (approximately 10 per year)
SPECIAL EVENTS: 25%
- Lead the event planning committees for ILACSD Summer and Fall Social fundraisers, overseeing all event details from conception to completion, including venue, ticketing and registration, food and drinks, silent auction, staffing etc.
- Solicit and coordinate give back night fundraisers and campaigns in partnership with local restaurants and businesses
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- ILACSD has a successful development program which is based on defined metrics, defined processes, and a planned growth strategy
- You are a person who likes to work towards a clearly defined goal and finds enjoyment from achieving fundraising success.
- You have cultivated 10 new corporate sponsors
- You have refined organizational systems to track donor-related short and long term tasks
- You have successfully planned multiple fundraising events for over 150 donors & volunteers
- You are recognized by all internal departments as being a key contributor and someone who is presenting new opportunities for ILACSD
- This position reports to the Executive Director
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Strong writing and attention to detail
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in nonprofit development field
- Donor Perfect or donor management software experience
- Passion for the environment
- Process-oriented team player
- Philanthropy as an organizational culture
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of increasingly responsible and successful development experience, with a proven track record of donor cultivation
- Proven success in face-to-face cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts $1,000 and above
- Knowledge and experience of working in the San Diego philanthropic community
- Familiarity with approaches to secure foundation and/or corporate grants to support program work
- Ability to thrive in a “small shop” environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of current legal, tax and other standards relevant to fundraising
- Passion for the environment; knowledge of environmental issues
- Exhibits ILACSD core values: Live the mission; Inspire environmental change; Value partnerships; Exhibit a positive attitude
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This position is full-time exempt, with work on-site at our office in Liberty Station and at various sites/networking sites throughout San Diego County.
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
ILACSD offers an excellent benefits package including medical/dental plans, paid time off, including holidays, a flexible work schedule, and other fringe benefits.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed in an office setting; regularly sits at a computer station and operates electronic equipment 6 to 8 hours per day; occasionally lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 35 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, applicants must submit their résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements in PDF or WORD format to lhering@cleanSD.org. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.