ILACSD’s Outreach Assistant will support ILACSD’s Community Programs, Education, and Marketing departments to implement programs, events, and activities. Duties will include attending events, booths, and cleanups throughout San Diego County.
PAY RATE: $12.60 per hour. Mileage reimbursement $0.58/mile (or at the current California reimbursement rate).
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Hourly, non-exempt; minimum commitment of four events per month
- Attend community cleanups and/or events throughout San Diego County including supply pick up and set up
- Support the maintenance and care of ILACSD resources, supplies, and equipment
- Respond to ILACSD staff inquiries within 48 hours via phone or email (unless prior arrangements made)
- Professional and accurate representation of ILACSD
- Complete time cards and mileage reimbursement within bi-weekly and monthly due dates
- Foster positive relationships within the community
- Attend a minimum of four events per month
- Commit to increased hours during spring months March & April (Earth Month)
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree in progress
- Environmental background/experience (preferred)
- Ability to work weekends
- Must have frequent access to email, required to respond to staff emails within 48 hours
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to lift 20-30 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to educate, inspire, and empower
- Effective communication skills and experience with diverse audiences
- Comfortable speaking in front of large or small groups
- Professional representation of ILACSD and its clientele
- Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred)
- Knowledge of environmental challenges facing San Diego County
How to Apply
To apply, applicants must submit their résumé and cover letter in PDF format to Lauren Short at lshort@cleanSD.org.