Join I Love A Clean San Diego to promote a zero waste lifestyle amongst all San Diegans!
The Recycling Programs Manager will lead I Love A Clean San Diego’s recycling programs, including its WasteFreeSD.org resource, by managing the marketing, strategy, and operation of the online database and call center. Additional programs include managing recycling special events, campaigns such as America Recycles Day, the annual Clean Beach Coalition program, and business recycling programs.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Lead all activities related to WasteFreeSD.org online database and call center
- Successfully brand, market, and track usage of WasteFreeSD.org to promote recycling and a zero waste lifestyle amongst San Diegans
- Provide quality information and customer service to the public regarding household hazardous waste, as well as recycling, repurpose, repair, and disposal information
- Directly manage and train call center staff including monthly meetings, and on-going updates
- Oversee call center administrative duties including appointment scheduling, call logs, mailings, publication inventory, and correspondence
- Generate monthly and ongoing contract reports
- Schedule staff for recycling and contract events and coordinate with subcontractors
- Support annual social media campaigns such as America Recycles Day
- Attend organization events, booths, and cleanups as needed
- Other ILACSD supporting activities as necessary
- 5-7 Years of experience as a Program Manager
- Knowledge of environmental challenges facing San Diego County, especially waste and recycling issues
- Marketing and outreach skills
- Good customer service skills
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Savvy with technology; database management skills a plus
- Effective written and spoken communication skills for diverse audiences
- High level of organization and attention to detail; ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Experience managing staff (preferred)
- Knowledge of San Diego region (preferred)
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) (preferred)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed in an office setting; regularly ascends/descends stairs, sits at a computer station and operates electronic equipment 6 to 8 hours per day; occasionally lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 35 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I Love A Clean San Diego provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Applicants should include salary requirements, cover letter, and resume
- Full Time, Non-Exempt
- Paid time off (PTO) plan
- Employer-sponsored health (HMO) and dental plans (PPO)
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Salary commensurate with experience
If interested in applying, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements in a word or pdf format to Natalie Roberts-DeCarli at email@example.com. No calls please.
I Love A Clean San Diego is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time