I Love A Clean San Diego is in the business of change. Help us strengthen engagement in our education and community outreach programs, which awaken passion and inspire environmental action as we foster zero waste lifestyles and improve the health and beauty of San Diego County! If you’re looking for a dynamic, impact-driven organization that values passion and professionalism, we want to meet you! I Love A Clean San Diego is passion in action.
I Love A Clean San Diego leads and inspires our community to actively conserve and enhance the environment through example, outreach, and local involvement.
A zero waste, litter-free, and environmentally engaged San Diego region.
I Love A Clean San Diego seeks a college-level intern to complete a project, which will provide direct experience in the nonprofit sector in the areas of transparent financial reporting and conceptualizing an online donation solution. This internship position will serve on the strategy team, comprised of both Philanthropy (Corporate, Individual and Planned Giving, as well as Stewardship) and Marketing Communications.
Depending on candidates availability, this internship can be expanded to other departments for additional experience over a longer period of time provided the proposed project is prioritized.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Manager of Philanthropy and Marketing and Director of Finance
- Reestablish I Love A Clean San Diego’s listing with transparency reporting organizations e.g. GuideStar
- Research, draft and develop necessary responses and financial reporting data for approval and update information in reporting organization’s database
- Make recommendations to strengthen prominence on reporting organization’s databases
- Research and conceptualize online donation resource page for I Love A Clean San Diego
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- This internship is likely best suited for students in nonprofit management or a related field. Capable candidates from all fields will be considered.
- Strong writing, researching, data entry and project management skills
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Philanthropy and Marketing who reports to the Executive Director in collaboration with the Director of Operations.
- Live the mission
- Inspire environmental change
- Value partnerships
- Exhibit positive attitude
- Communicate openly to ensure collaboration
- Understanding and supportive of each other and the team
- Respect others and value their opinions
- Encourage learning and growth
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: Work is performed in an office setting; regularly sits at a computer station and operates electronic equipment 6 to 8 hours per day; occasionally lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 35 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I Love A Clean San Diego provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please send an introductory email demonstrating interest and resume to email@example.com.
I Love A Clean San Diego is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.