The Recycling Programs Volunteer Intern will support the Recycling Programs Department with tasks associated with the newly redesigned Recycling and Household Hazardous Waste database, WasteFreeSD.org, and other recycling programs. This position reports directly to the Recycling Programs Manager.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Unpaid Internship
INTERNSHIP DATES: Flexible
TIME COMMITMENT: 6-12 hours per week, including weekend events
- Assist with creating and posting content on WasteFreeSD.org such as general recycling information, and zero waste initiatives
- Update and organize content on WasteFreeSD.org
- Research recycling and donations centers in San Diego County
- Research and compile waste reduction and repurpose tips
- Research legislative laws concerning recycling and waste issues in the region
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of the newly redesigned WasteFreeSD.org
- Foster positive relationships with residents and businesses who can assist ILACSD in fulfilling its mission
- Professional and accurate representation of ILACSD
- Assist other departments as needed including general office tasks and outreach events, as needed
- High level of organization and attention to detail, savvy with technology
- Excellent time management skills
- Multi-tasker and quick learner
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word. Website experience a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental challenges facing San Diego County, especially waste and recycling issues
- Knowledge of San Diego region preferred
- Reliable transportation
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
How to Apply
To apply, applicants must submit their résumé and cover letter in PDF format to Anais Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.