ILACSD’s Outreach Assistant will support ILACSD’s Community Programs, Education, and Marketing departments to implement programs, events, and activities. Duties will include attending events, booths, and cleanups throughout San Diego County.
PAY RATE: $12.00 per hour. Mileage reimbursement $0.535/mile (or at the current California reimbursement rate).
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Non-exempt hourly employee on as-needed basis
- Attend community cleanups and/or events throughout San Diego County
- Support the maintenance and care of ILACSD resources, supplies, and equipment
- Respond to ILACSD staff inquiries within 48 hours via phone or email (unless prior arrangements made)
- Professional and accurate representation of ILACSD
- Complete time cards and mileage reimbursement within bi-weekly due dates
- Foster positive relationships within the community
- Commit to increased hours during spring months March & April (Earth Month)
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree
- Environmental background/experience (preferred)
- Must have frequent access to email, required to respond to staff emails within 48 hours
- Bi-lingual English/ Spanish (preferred)
- Ability and willingness to educate, inspire, and empower
- Effective communication skills and experience with diverse audiences
- Comfortable speaking in front of large or small groups
- Professional representation of ILACSD and its clientele
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work weekends Reliable transportation; ability and willingness to travel
- I Love A Clean San Diego is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified candidates are
encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply, applicants must submit their résumé and cover letter in PDF format to Carly Keen at firstname.lastname@example.org.