ILACSD is committed to conserving San Diego's coastal and inland resources by:
- Providing hundreds of educational presentations that reach more than 37,000 students and adults each year.
- Delivering 24-hour recycling information online through our one-stop recycling resource WasteFreeSD.org and through its Recycling and Household Hazardous Waste Hotline (1-800-237-BLUE)
- Engaging more than 30,000 volunteers annually through cleanup events and community outreach.
- Coordinating two countywide cleanups each year, the Creek to Bay Cleanup in April and Coastal Cleanup Day in September, where more than 14,000 volunteers remove approximately 340,000 lbs. of debris combined.
- Involving thousands of community members in environmental events, programs, and educational campaigns each year. ILACSD effectively delivers these unique programs to ensure large-scale awareness of key environmental issues.